A greatly under used table design is the breakfast bar table which offers a more casual and relaxed way of dining or preparing food. Some people will refer to breakfast bar tables as pub height tables but they will vary slightly from the traditional sense of each design. Pub height tables are nearly always between 100 and 105cm which is the standard worktop and bar counter height. Tables you find in pubs and bars are often slightly wider than standard breakfast bar designs which are typically around 40-50cm worktop widths.
Advantages of Kitchen Bar Tables
1. One great advantage is the option to use bar height counter tables as additional workspaces.
2. Can slide bar stool beneath the table if design allows which keeps chairs / stools neatly out of the way.
3. For those who entertain thes tables can often provide a natural height surface for drinks when socialising standing up.
4. Breakfast bar tables were originally designed for eating breakfast around but they have become increasingly popular as working areas and fast dining.
5. Narrower width worktops mean these tables take up less space in dining areas.
Standard dimensions and Designs
Most Bar height tables are between 100 - 110cm height. This allows a comfortable seating position when using standard breakfast bar stools. Widths vary but traditionally breakfast bar widths between 40cm - 60cm taking up less space in the dining area. This is particularly beneficial to cafe / bistro owners where space is at a premium and these designs maximise number of seats that can be provided to customers.
Austin Hart have supplied breakfast bar tables to numerous cafes / bistro's and pubs and we understand that you want new bar tables to match your existing furniture so we can offer a fully bespoke service to produce tables in a variety of materials including; wood, steel and iron. All products can be finished in a variety of painted colours and wood finishes.
Austin Hart have extensive experience in producing hight quality Wooden Breakfast Bars and in most cases our customers choose Oak as there preferred timber.